Thursday, September 29, 2005

WoW! I'm way off!

I've been really off the ball these last few weeks. I just figured out the other day that I'm going to be switching jobs in two weeks. That was a big decision to make and with some traveling mixed in there last weekend it's just caused a massive slow down in the world o' Hank.

Tonight (and last night, and the night before, and tomorrow night) I'm working a 9pm to 6am shift! Needless to say, it's kickin' the crap out of me. I'm really tired. It's funny, I say I'm tired a lot, but this time it's really true. 9 hours of sleep in the past 60 hours is not fun.

I've still managed to get a little training in edgewise. Monday I went for a 5mile run w/ the great one Gus Rodriguez. Took Tuesday off and then Wednesday I swam about 2000 or so and ran at the track. I was proud of the track workout considering my condition. It was Mile (4:58), 400 (71), 800 (2:29), 800 (2:25), 400 (69), mile (4:57). Had to push myself through but still walked away on my own three hands.

Also just to give a little recap of this past weekends race- The Santa Rosa Island Triathlon; the swim and bike were cancelled due to wind and waves from hurricane Rita, so they just had a 5k run. I finished second to Brian Fleichman who is on the US National Triathlon team. I think that I should be able to beat him heads up but I ran kinda stupid. The wwind was a good 20-30mph and being that I'm 5 foot 15, I caught a lot of resistance. It was still a good race and fun to juct copete in something.

I got to see my friends from Premier Event Management while I was there. Their home base is New Orleans, LA so it was good to see and hear that they were all doing ok. Mike told me that he has 9 family members in his house right now! I told him that that's no big deal, cause in Alabama where I grew up we lived at least 9 to each room.

No comments: