Thursday, September 08, 2005

Big, Long.......Day

The day started off with not one, but two close encounters with injury while riding to work. The first was a cat that decided he wanted to play, "Chase the headlight b/c I'm a worthless animal (just kidding cat lovers)". The second was a guy on the Pinellas trail who thinks that all black clothing is obviously the best choice for a pre-dawn bike ride. Needless to say that started the day off a little hairy.
So I rode to work, Taught my spin class at noon, swam about 2500y, worked w/ a swim client, then rode back home. Long day my friends, long day indeed. I'm a little tired right now so forgive me for not indulging too much.
Carrie is now in New Orleans and it looks like she's going to be there for a little while. She's doing great and received three or four vaccines today from the army. She says everyone is being great there and really putting up a good effort for those in need.
For some more good news, my good friends Jeff and Erika Boyd had a little baby girl born last night at two something in the morning. She and mom are doing great and dad is super proud as we all are. Hang in there folks!
Totals- Swim: 2500y incl. 500 in 6:10 not the best time but a good effort considering how tired I am.
Bike:3.5 hrs @ b/t 18-23 mph. About 65 miles or so.
Lift: 30 mins functional training. Mainly core work and shoulders.

No comments: