Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wednesday Sept. 7

I'm listening to Randy Newman's song "Louisiana" right now. I heard a guy perform it live a couple of months ago when my sister Whitney, friends Joshua, Ron and I went to see Glen Phillips play in B'ham. It was very good. Check out that song if you get a chance to.
Well onto today! Slept in this morning until 5:45am. It was nice. I was planning on swimming this morning at 5am but the ole' body just wasn't having it. I decided to save my energy for my track workout this evening. Here was the workout- 1200,400,400,1200,400,400,1200,1600. My friend Brant Speed was there to push me through it. Thank the lord that he's around, otherwise I'd go crazy running alone. We went 3:54, 3:51, 3:40 and all of the 400's were under 1:15. I topped it off with a 4:59 mile at the end. It was good. I didn't think I was going to have such a good workout but some times you just need to get out there and get the thing started first!
On the Carrue front, she spent the day in Bay St. Louis and tonight she's headed for Baton Rogue. Be sure to check out the St. Pete Times website to see her work. www.sptimes.com
Totals- Run 8.5 miles track workout in 60 mins or so

No comments: