Sunday, October 02, 2005

Weekend Roundup!

It has been one heck of a weekend folks! I ran the Race for the Cure on Saturday morning and came out w/ a victory. It was pretty fun. I was still really tired from to crazy shift I had worked last week, so my body was definitely not feeling a sub 15 minute 5k effort. Fortunately I was left all alone after the first mile. I went out in 4:50 and there was one guy with me for the first 1200 meters or so but he dropped off. When I got to the 2.5k mark I realized I was all alone and I just said, "cruise on in buddy." The time was slow (16:59) but the best part was after!

This guy walks up to me and says,"Hey did you win?" To which you should always answer yes to, because you never know what he could be talking about, right. I mean he could be giving you a new car and you might not have won the race but you might have won against your buddy who you were racing or anything at all! Either way, if he doesn't specify what he's talking about, you can always say yes.
So, he says congratulations and hands me an iPod mini and an envelop. I thinking,"SWEET!" So I go over and look at the iPod and discover that the iPod is hot pink! To Which most men would be very uncomfortable with, but not me. No Sir, I'm 100% confident in my sexuality and proud to be wearing a hot pink iPod. It gets better!
I open up the envelop and discover that I have received $1,500 worth of Laser hair removal from Ideal Image! This is awesome! I can get my bikini line waxed AND be listening to my hot pink iPod at the same time! Oh glory I say, GLORY!!!!
Maybe next year I'll win a ticket to the Vagina Monologues or something when I go for 3 in a row!

Also to add, I have recently accepted a full time sales position and Chainwheel Drive Bike store in Clearwater. I'm really excited about the opportunity and looking forward to the challenge ahead. Thanks for reading.

No comments: